This building was constructed in 1905 in the garden of the Allatini family home, to house the Banque de Salonique. This bank was founded in 1888 in Thessaloniki, with an initial equity capital of 2,000,000 French Francs, and had reached ten times that value by 1911. It was owned by the Allatini Brothers and many European banks. In 1909 Banque de Salonique moved its seat to Istanbul. The Thessaloniki branch continued to operate until World War II, after which the bank merged with Banque Nationale de Turquie, of British interests at the time.