Otranto Synagogue

Otranto Synagogue

Tradition has it that this synagogue was created when refugees from the Kingdom of Naples settled in Thessaloniki (1541). Its location coincides with the corner of present day Charles Diehl (Karolou Dil) and Ermou Street. After 1920 it was demolished so that the city plan could be implemented and was moved to Melenikou Street, in Markou Botsari district.