Ioustinianou Street*

Ioustinianou Street*

This street marked the eastern border of the central ghetto of Thessaloniki. The ghetto operated for a few weeks, from 25 February 1943 until its residents were transferred to the eastern ghetto, following the latter’s evacuation. From there the residents were taken to the “transit camp” in the Baron Hirsch quarters to be forced onto the trains.